HOW TO FIX HEALTHCARE DISPARITY PROBLEM
We are not candidly and transparently confronting the challenges of our health-care system, to ensure that high-quality care is accessible, affordable and delivers better value to all Americans and underserved communities. We must evolve our health-care delivery system and make significant reforms to how we incentivize and pay for health care. Payment systems, including for prescription drugs, need to be based on value, performance and evidence-based approaches that provide transparency on cost and patient outcomes.
In this Keynote lean how these reforms will ensure that we pay for innovation and quality care, managing health-care expenditures to produce the best outcomes at lower cost that will decrease the gab in health disparities.
Health systems, employers and insurance plans are driving experimentation with new payment and delivery models. Government should provide regulatory flexibility that removes the barriers to these reforms and enables their adoption in publicly funded health programs.
Insurance should be there when people need it most, with benefits designed to keep care accessible and affordable. Health insurance was created to help patients manage catastrophic events and unexpected expenses.
Learn how Information technology has radically transformed major parts of our economy and improved our standard of living. However, because of regulatory barriers and silos in our system, we have failed to adequately capitalize on these advances to eliminate health disparities.
America’s health-care system is one of the best in the world. Yet we have unfinished business to ensure that it provides quality care for all Americans and is sustainable for the long-term. Let’s get to work, together. We have a unique opportunity – and in my view, an obligation – to get it right.
- Identify and create business opportunities for healthcare ancillary services in underserved communities to advance health equity.
- Learn the value of creating an autonomous, recession proof healthcare business.
- Leverage partnerships and cross sector collaboration to advance health equity.
WHAT THE AUDIENCE WILL GET
- Identify the Future of the ACA (affordable care act)
- Discuss how Block-chain business systems affect healthcare
- Identify HIT security issues
- How to manage Big data and analytics
- Discuss the Lack of providers in underserved communities
- Discuss the Lack of healthcare facilities in underserved communities
- Identify the use of artificial intelligence in healthcare
- Discuss the current opioid crisis
- Learn how create disaster preparation plan